Mar Vista Stables provided a one-hour guided horseback ride down scenic coastal bluffs on to San Francisco’s spectacular Thornton State Beach and Ocean Beach, one of the most popular outdoor recreation spots in the Bay Area.
Mar Vista Stables provided guided trail rides for beginners as well as intermediate and advanced horseback riders. Our trained and experienced wranglers took you, your friends and family down to the beach via scenic trails with Northern California seacoast views. We rode through Thornton Beach State Park just south of Fort Funston down sandy hills covered with succulent plants with a chance to see dolphins, whales, seals, red tail hawks and other California wildlife and birds.
TRAIL RIDING RULES:
- All riders were required to wear a helmet (hard hat) at all times while riding and when present at Mar Vista Stables.
- Riders were asked to wear close toed shoes. No sandals, crocs or slip-on shoes.
- Purses and backpacks were not allowed on a ride.
- Since you always need both hands to ride your horse, while riders were allowed to bring a cell phone for taking pictures, riders were asked to not pull these out until the horseback riding guide told you it is ok to do this.
- The Mar Vista Stables facilities were NO SMOKING. EVER. ANYWHERE.
- Mar Vista Stables did not allow riders who were intoxicated in any way on their horses.